Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Go Green!


I had every intention of making enchiladas last night, but when I opened the can of sauce I just kind of stood there for a second. Uh, why the hell is it green? Is it rotten? Quick glance at the can and I realized I had picked up green chili sauce instead of red. I guess even perfect people make mistakes. Well, the can was already opened so I had two choices. One, fill water balloons with it and pass them out to the ever screaming kids outside. Two, just use it. Noting the heat level and probability of blindness, I reluctantly settled on option two.

There are hundreds of enchilada recipes out there. Some authentic, some not. This fits into the not category. Actually, this isn't even a recipe. It's more of a, "Hey I got these things that seem like they might work out all shoved together." Here's what I did.

Browned some hamburger meat with garlic and some taco seasoning.
OMG! That meat is still red! Dysentery alert! Everyone is going to be peeing out of their butt for days! Calm down, I finished cooking it after I took the picture...or did I?

While the meat was cooking I played fruit ninja with an onion.

Once the meat was cooked as much as I wanted it to be, I made an assembly line. Lining up store bought tortillas, spooning in meat, adding onion and cheese and folding burrito style.
Add a little sauce to an oven safe dish, line up your enchi-burritos, cover with remaining sauce.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, add more cheese to the top, bake another 10 minutes to melt cheese. Top with sour cream and shovel it in your mouth. Optional - shot of tequila to your face. The alcohol may kill the dysentery, or make it worse. It's sphincter Russian roulette!

Ratings - ( a possibility of 5 ☆'s )

Cost - ☆ The meat's the most expensive thing here. Your best bet is Costco. I buy the bulk pack as close to 6 lbs as possible for around 16 dollars. This means the one lb I used here cost approximately 2.66.

Difficulty - ☆☆.5 The only thing that could have made this easier is if Chuck Norris came over and cut up the onion.

Taste - ☆ Meh, it was good. I probably could have seasoned the meat a little more. Would have been better with shredded chicken or pork.

Clean up - One cutting board, one pan, one casserole dish, knife, large spoon. All dishwasher safe.

So the next time some hippy tells you to Go Green...fucking do it Enchilada style!

Happy Porking People!

1 comment:

  1. You are Awesome love! I'll be reading along with the others! I do my enchilada's a little different but the same. I prefer the green sauce over the red.

    ReplyDelete