Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mol-eh?

What's this noonsense aboot?  You cooking up a wee lil mole, eh?  I was just aboot to clean up my Zamboni, eh, but maybe I'll put on me skates and see what this shenanigan's all aboot, eh.

No, eh!  Mole!  One of the rare occasions where having chocolate for dinner won't leave you shame crying in a dark corner. I'm not saying it's a two pointer on the weight watcher scale, but it's certainly not as bad as eating five snicker bars and washing it down with two liters of Coke.  Plus, this fiesta in your mouth employs one of my favorite kitchen tools.  The Crock Pot!

Oh, crock pot, how do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.  I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach...  A bit overboard?  I don't care.  Don't judge my love.  Hamilton Beach was founded in 1910, making this culinary affair perfectly legal.  FYI, I'm not the only one who is down with   Objectum-Sexuality ( A real condition )

Now, that I've made half of you extremely uncomfortable lets get back to cooking.  Here's the link to the recipe I used.  Slow Cooker Chicken Mole  

This is really easy.  Take all the ingredients and dump them in the crock.  I skipped a few things.  Raisins just didn't sound appetizing nor did the sesame seeds so they didn't make it to the party.  

...but Peanut Butter sure did!  Peanut butter, chocolate, and cinnamon?  This should have been called, "Shit Stoners Would Put on Chicken."  Although, to be fair, stoners would never have the patience to use a crock pot.

OK, people.  Here is a piece of vital information.  The recipe calls for ONE chipotle chile, NOT one can!  I personally think it could have used two but that's just because I like things to taste as if they came from the very pits of hell.



Have you ever wondered what cooking poop might look like?


After about 5 hours, I removed the chicken.  I used tenders so I didn't think any more cutting or shredding was necessary.  However, I wasn't too pleased with the chunkiness of the mole so I tossed it in the blender for a few minutes.

That's better, other than it sure is an excessive amount.  Clearly, this recipe can be halved while still using the same amount of chicken.  Sadly, most of this ended up down the drain.  I made some white rice which I ate with a couple of spoonfuls of mole.  As for the chicken, I wrapped that in a warm tortilla with a little extra mole, cheese and sour cream.


Ratings - ( a possibility of 5 ☆'s )

Cost - ☆.5 To be honest, the only thing I didn't have on hand for this was the chipotle chile.  However, I realize that not everyone has the required spices ( really you should, though ) and not everyone has coco powder.  Not having coco powder can be over looked but if you lack any of the spices I beg you to put some pants on and fix that.

Difficulty - ☆☆.5  You dump everything in this thing that cooks for you.  I mean, I guess if you're Amish and without electricity this might be a little confusing. 

Taste - ☆  It was good.  But to be perfectly honest, it wasn't anything special.  I would have been equally as happy putting taco seasoning on the chicken, shredding it and calling it day.

Clean up - ☆ a crockpot.  This could have been a five star clean up here, but shit always gets stuck to the sides of the crock making pre washing a must.

What about the mole, eh?  Stupid Canucks! 

Happy Porking People!

No comments:

Post a Comment